following the announcements in my last post, I am proud to present our completely overhauled fractal community website.
Those are designed to improve your knowledge about certain game mechanics, targeted at both fractal beginners and experts. Should be a good starting point if you're willing to get into fractals.
This contains an overview of the current "meta" team composition for fractals, an explanation on using
/gg and an analysis of all mistlock instabilities and their possible countermeasures.
Very glad to finally be able to publish a (beta) version of this. Can be used to calculate the optimal gear depending on your build priorities and Agony Resistance.
Currently offers optimization for Power DPS and Power Support builds, including all available group buffs, runes, sigil, food and utility selects.
You can also force a Boon Duration or Toughness value to exclude gearsets below the threshold from the calculation, very useful for support or tank builds.
Lists all currently used (and working!) consumables and slaying potions/sigils in fractals. Highly recommended for every true fractal runner!
Summarizes skills for each class concerning projectiles destruction and invulnerability. This should be helpful if you're unsure what skills your class offers to counter specific fractal mechanics.
A comprehensive guide on how to use blast finishers on fire fields to stack Might or smoke fields to stack Stealth. Strongly recommended for both fractal beginners and experts.
We finally finished our fractal class guides on Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Ranger. Those contain all information needed to build and play the desired character to perfection.
Each class guide is subdivided into the following sections:
- Introduction: Shows the currently used class specializations and gives an overview of the build's role in groups
- Build: Contains all used build variations and situational traits
- Equipment: Lists the optimal gear, weapons and consumables for fractal content
- Skills & Rotation: Explains the (DPS) rotation, optional skills and CC abilities
The guides are limited to optimal fractal classes for the moment, we hope to extend them to viable classes in the future as well.
We repolished our fractal guides and are glad to announce that they are now fully responsive and working with every device's width.
We added supplementary images to all guides and updated them to reflect the current state of the game.
Another nice feature is the indicator for daily fractals highlighting corresponding fractals!
While reworking the website structure we added the possiblity to link to specific guides like http://discretize.eu/#fractals/shattered-observatory. We also improved the general performance and layout, if something is not working on your device please let us know.
We're also happy to announce that our ingame fractal community grew to around 100 members. We still try to improve on the EU fractal LFG system by gathering competent daily fractal runners in our guild.
If you meet the requirements and feel confident about your abilities, feel free to contact us for a trial run.
A special thanks goes to madou for his extraordinary work on the http://gw2armory.com embeds and Quantify for some help on DPS rotations.
The main things we're hoping to add in the future:
- More features for the gear optimizer. We'll probably add class traits & sigils support within the next weeks, together with support for Effective Health and Healing builds. Another thing is support for condition-based damage, that will most likely take some time to implement.
- More class guides. We were actually expecting a balance patch this week but are looking forward to the next one!
- Just an idea for now, but might be implemented in the future: an automated scheduler to plan daily fractal runs with an optimized team composition.
As always, thanks to everyone supporting our research and helping us to improve the fractal LFG system. You're welcome to join us on discord and discuss the guides with out members.
See you in daily fractals!